log poetry...prose commentary

experiences..........thoughts..........pictures..........poetry..............

Saturday, July 02, 2005

the magic kingdom
















walk circles around
this world 'til
feet burn up
fall off

confuse conversation
in clamorous crowds
screams
cymbals
crashing
spinning
fast passing
hours and
days of

noises!
colors!
castles!
characters!
cultures!

creative!
imaginative!

chaos

with rules
and lines
to stay within

sent rain
entertains me
reminds me of

john's poem
the one where
the Creator
calls out through
clamorous crowds,

"stop.
listen.
know Me."

2 Comments:

  • At 7/02/2005 1:58 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    i wrote this poem in the middle of last weeks trip with Carrie to Disney World. it was a priveledge to go behind-the-scenes with her family. we rode some great rides, too.

    theme parking is definitely a style of vacation that makes me feel like i need a vacation. the million-strong masses caused my appreciation of a quiet hotel room to rise. the running from marvelous ride to marvelous ride made benches into heavenly sanctuaries for sore feet.

    the phrase "i hate disney world" only left my lips during one weak moment when the man stealthily convinced Carrie's six-year old niece (for the 4th time) that she desperately needed a piece of crap that was about 6 times more expensive than it would be in the outside world.

    next week...it's on to costa rica. poetic blog entry forthcoming!

     
  • At 7/04/2005 3:32 PM, Blogger D.O. said…

    bro, I'm back in the States, and I'll be in CS tomorrow (Tuesday) sometime. I'd enjoy getting some hangout time in before you head off to Crica. Oh, and don't fear, I don't hate America.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home