log poetry...prose commentary

experiences..........thoughts..........pictures..........poetry..............

Sunday, September 18, 2005

"My Poems" (An Autobiographical List of Works) by: Anonymous Jones










My first words were
Red roses
And violets?
Well, They’re violet
But I was just a babe
And, thus...
Thought them blue

I went to church
And entered into
My beach motif
I wrote one called
“Footprints”
And another about starfish
Thrown to the sea
By a boy
Like me

If you’ve ever
received
an F-W-D
cheesy e-mail
That rhymed…

that was me
(Still honing my craft
In my early teens)

Anything
”Inspirational”
You may have seen
On teachers’ walls
Or on ceilings of spots
Where you had your teeth cleaned
--Me.

In high school
Teachers read
My name
At the top of pages
Penned by poet’s
Made famous
Years before my time

I tried to explain that
I don't find it a
Crime
When I
Plagiarize

On behalf of
The uneducated
Or those too
Lazy to ask the question
Who?

I’ve been too
Shy to claim

One set of works until now…

Those God quote billboards
Should really take
My name
In vain

Why Didn’t I
Copyright
My poems?

I’ve been writing

For years and not seen
A single royalty check

Who’s missing out
While whoever else
Makes millions
Without fretting
Infringement…?

--Me.


(art by kerns)

this is an audio post - click to play

4 Comments:

  • At 9/18/2005 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm just wondering what drives people to write anonymously. Does anyone have a theory? I began thinking... Who is this Anonymous fella? What were some of his first poems? What are some of his most shameful acts? If he had a penny for every poem...

     
  • At 9/18/2005 12:57 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    p.s. that first comment was mine (as is the tradition for this blog).

     
  • At 9/18/2005 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    #1 i'm breaking your posting tradition by writing here
    #2 good job last night
    #3 i LOVE the audio post thing!!! how fun is that?!?! i think you should audio post everything :)

     
  • At 9/19/2005 1:11 PM, Blogger D.O. said…

    Good perspective. I like that one. That isn't to say I don't like the others. I do. Done.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home