log poetry...prose commentary

experiences..........thoughts..........pictures..........poetry..............

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

redemptionpoetry.txt











I am a poem

I am a poem about
Redemption

A product of creativity
Through fingers and keys
Onto a screen

I need to be
Saved As (ellipsis)
“Redemption Poetry”
Dot T – X – T
Or D – O – C

What do these
Salvific strokes of keys
Truly mean?

I mean,
Am I saved
Or just safe

Did they
Create
New Document or just
Delay
Procrastinating my completion
Until another day?

I need to take shape
In tangible form
Have substance
Be reborn
On a new white page

I need out of this system
The whole thing
Is on the brink
Of shutting
Down
It’s about
To come crashing

And even after
It gets me out
This topic
That I am all about
Should make my stanzas
Increase in strength

I want to be
Hard copy
Edited in fountains
Of blood red ink

Because if a poem
About Redemption
Is to be redeemed

It’s more than just
Getting saved

Its change


this is an audio post - click to play

4 Comments:

  • At 10/04/2005 12:23 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    What happens when a poem questions its' purpose and its' salvation?

     
  • At 10/08/2005 10:47 AM, Blogger D.O. said…

    yep yep... good. keep 'em coming

     
  • At 10/17/2005 8:28 AM, Blogger Justin Hancock said…

    Matt,
    I want you to know that I really enjoyed this piece. Spoke really well to me. One day we'll have to talk about it. For now, though, I need to get back to another little project. Love ya very much.
    justin

     
  • At 10/18/2005 12:53 AM, Blogger Brian Vu said…

    Matt do you happen to have your music avail for download somewhere? Overby had one of your discs and I thought it was money.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home