log poetry...prose commentary

experiences..........thoughts..........pictures..........poetry..............

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Holy Ghost Halloween Hymn




















Holy Ghost
Haunt me now
Like this run down heart
Was Your run down house
I need to get spooked
So come on around
Holy Ghost
Haunt me now

Holy Ghost
Scare the hell out of me
I'll be Your Scrooge
You my Christmas ghosts three
Past, Present, and Future
Lord, help me see
Holy Ghost
Scare the hell out of me

Holy Ghost
Prove that You're true
You're a mystery machine
And I am Your sleuth
Pull the masks off Your villains
Just like Scooby Doo
Holy Ghost
Show me the proof

Holy Ghost
Come haunt me now
Just like this old heart
Was Your creepy old house
To get spooked I need You
So come on around
Holy Ghost
Haunt me now

8 Comments:

  • At 10/11/2006 5:08 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    I've been wanting to write this song for a long time...

    The approach of this All Hallows Eve seemed like a good enough reason to compose a seasonal song inviting the Spirit of God to haunt our hearts anew.

    HAUNT, v. haunt·ed, haunt·ing, haunts
    1. To inhabit, visit, or appear to in the form of a ghost or other supernatural being.
    2. To visit often; frequent
    3. To come to the mind of continually; obsess
    4. To be continually present in; pervade

    I omitted the verse imploring Him to "put slime on my face" describing an "ectoplasmic baptism...covered with grace"

     
  • At 10/11/2006 7:53 PM, Blogger Hendrick Family said…

    I LOVE IT!

    One of my favorites.

    My Church of God Pastor Grandpa would correct ANYONE if they called the Holy Ghost anything besides the Holy Ghost. No Holy Spirit for him...nope...He said people called it that because they were trying to keep from being scared by it...

    And...a song with the words Holy Ghost AND Scooby Do? That's just good.

     
  • At 10/12/2006 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i dig this one ... a lot ... thanks man!

     
  • At 10/12/2006 12:09 PM, Blogger D.O. said…

    I'm thankful that you share these things with us. Now I just need to see you in real life, and meet all these country-neo-folk people you've apparently been hanging out with. Love man.

     
  • At 10/17/2006 5:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwww - I got to hear your voice - that was nice! Thanks for the song - stinkin' sweet! Miss you - have a great week!
    ginger

     
  • At 10/20/2006 12:39 AM, Blogger Q said…

    i like the country vibe. next time i make chili, i am going to listen to your song and think about God.

     
  • At 10/20/2006 12:42 AM, Blogger Q said…

    i just realized that maybe there's not a country vibe to it. maybe i've just been away from home for too long. crap.

     
  • At 10/20/2006 7:52 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    oh...the vibe is there...
    note the delivery of the line
    "i need to get spooked" for example
    country.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home