log poetry...prose commentary

experiences..........thoughts..........pictures..........poetry..............

Friday, November 24, 2006

The Living God Hides














on the wind through the window
past colorful curtains-

on my shelf-
on my walls-

on the stove
in the steamy whistle
of tea and
in my favorite cup-

in the oven
beside baking banana bread-

in the freezer next to
frozen grapes-

in the medicine cabinet
behind my mirror-

in my bed-

on the roof-

in my hammock

over the yard-

in my car
stereo-

on my computer-

on my blog
online-

in all my places
of pride
of shame

The Living God hides
simple surprises
good gifts of
comfort and love

In all places
The Living God hides

5 Comments:

  • At 11/24/2006 11:49 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    happy thanksgiving!

     
  • At 11/24/2006 6:32 PM, Blogger D.O. said…

    you too man. You made my list of people for whom I am thankful, and as I noted on my blog, in reality the Living God was the One who in fact, made, my list.

     
  • At 11/26/2006 1:15 PM, Blogger ashley said…

    hey it's ashley i dont know if you remeber me but we hung out in austin a few times. but anyway i was going to ask you if you could send me some of your lyrics. i was having a quiet time today and i thought of one of your songs/poems i dont remember which one but all i remember is that you did it at revolution and it had something to do with the only move to make is moving and the only choice to make is choosing? or something like that. i dont really know but i liked it and was wondering if you could send me the rest of it if you dont mind sharing. well i hope you had a great thanksgiving. maybe ill see you later.
    amazing_grace7@hotmail.com
    ashley.

     
  • At 12/04/2006 6:56 PM, Blogger Hendrick Family said…

    Hey Matt ...

    Anson tagged you!
    That means you have to write a blog post with 5 things that people don't know about you.
    This ought to be interesting since you will have to do it in poetry form in order for it to work on your blog.

    So get busy.

     
  • At 12/06/2006 12:02 PM, Blogger faith said…

    i don't know why, but lately you've been writing poems that meet me right where i'm at.

    i really like this one. it's up there with the squares.

    it fits in with thoughts i've been thinking on Stoicism and how it has robbed us of so much beauty. and instead of forsaking all things but God, realize that God is in all things, and he is all things.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home