log poetry...prose commentary

experiences..........thoughts..........pictures..........poetry..............

Sunday, November 27, 2005

screaming at houseplants




















GROW!!!


WHY CAN’T YOU GROW!?!?

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?!?!

GROW!!!

i will remove you
from these rooms

soil
sun
rain
might change…

nothing

changing externals
changes nothing

pretend
you are fake plastic
but know
in no time
no nourishment
wilts leaves
browns green
kills
life


this death will
prove you non-plastic
and yet
inorganic

not the tree
you can be

standing sure
on constantly clinging
always drinking and
forever deepening
root

broad spread branches
bending to the tug of
much fruit

you are less
than alive
because you refuse to GROW!!!

WHY CAN’T YOU GROW!?!?

WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?!?!

GROW!


this is an audio post - click to play

5 Comments:

  • At 11/27/2005 3:08 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    I am the houseplants.

    the word verification sequence of letters for me to post this comment was

    worgiska.

    from now on, you have to define your word verification characters when you comment on my blog (just if you want to)

    i think worgiska sounds like some sort of aminal. it probably lives in the woods and has long hair and horns but hops like a rabbit. (and hunts? like a ravenous wolverine of course) it could just as easily be the name of a little known sausage company.

     
  • At 11/28/2005 5:23 AM, Blogger Justin Hancock said…

    Fake Plastic Trees still remains the only cover song I can seem to remember. I guess it could be worse. I like it chief.

    As far as my verifaction:
    I would get the Texas slang... dijyi? Dijyi finish your homework? Dijyi or dinyi? I ain't figured out yet why I cain't gijyi to do nuthin? Dijyi understand me, boy?

     
  • At 11/29/2005 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi there matt, im Lette from somewhatsilent.com, i like ur poetry, so full of emotion :)

     
  • At 12/08/2005 12:52 AM, Blogger faith said…

    audio posts are the new best thing.
    HEY EVERYONE why don't you click on the google ads at the top of matt's blog? you're bound to find something you need! =) is that against the rules? sorry matt.

    "brcue"-- anyone want a brcue sandwich? justin?

     
  • At 12/18/2005 7:27 PM, Blogger Justin Hancock said…

    I can't tell you how much I would love to have a brcue sandwhich right now. Oh, and a Dr. Pepper. And a Freebirds burrito, and some Mexican food, lots of Mexican food, and really that's probably what I miss most. Beans, tortillas, pico, fajitas, mmmm..... fajitas. Breakfast tacos... stop. I've discovered that I really just don't like Korean food. I'm not sure if China or Japan would be a lot different, but I'm definitely tiring quickly of kim-chi. Blech.

    Anyways, I just wanted to say, "Hey, Matt!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home