log poetry...prose commentary

experiences..........thoughts..........pictures..........poetry..............

Monday, July 03, 2006

London is

not tower
not tube
nor Trafalgar
not Thames
nor bridges o'er river
not Antony, Shakespeare,
nor theater
not museum nor music
not garden nor gallery
no restaurant nor headrest
not cathedrals nor Camden

no, none of these are London

but rather-

Yunus
Tom
Calypso
Luca
Peter
John
Dana
Miranda
Luke
Matt
Bree
Mia
Chris
Cat
Danielle
Jarrod &
Jen
Sarah &
Richard


thus...
London is-

Turkey
Wales
Greece
Italy
Poland
Texas
Canada
Germany
L.A.
& the U.K.









































2 Comments:

  • At 7/03/2006 5:50 AM, Blogger Matt said…

    i met old friends and made new ones during my week in London. i enjoyed forging these friendships at least 10 times more than ANY of the amazing tourist attractions i visited.

    picture credits (top to bottom):

    1-Jarrod (a best friend) & wife Jennifer; Sarah & Richard Oliver & me...we went for tex mex my last night in London at the Texas Embassy...a restaurant that used to be...THE Texas Embassy

    2-me and Matt Josefy. Matt and his wonderful wife Bree hosted Miranda and Luke Dodson and myself on my first night (and their last night) in London. I had some good chats with Matt and Bree over Pasties.

    3-me and Yunus. yunus is from Turkey. He's been in London almost a year. I hung out with this guy more than anyone else during my week in London. great conversations! My friendship with Yunus seems ordained. we made eye contact on the subway platform...i immediately thought... "i like this guy. we are going to be friends" 20 minutes later we were having tea in a cafe.

    4-Calypso, me, & Tom. Tom is a skateboarding bartender from Wales. Calypso is Greek and proud of it. I met them at my hostel. We went to the British Museum together. this was a real cultural treat. Why? because the British museum contains nearly all of the relics from the Parthenon in Greece. There is a ton of tension between the British and the Greeks about where the artifacts belong. I experienced this tension firsthand in exploring the exhibit with my friend Calypso...i will likely do a whole blog entry about this experience.

     
  • At 7/06/2006 10:42 AM, Blogger faith said…

    i love this one. it makes london feel more like a place i know.

    you have been writing so much, it makes my heart glad to get to come to your blog and have so many new ones to read!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home