log poetry...prose commentary

experiences..........thoughts..........pictures..........poetry..............

Monday, January 15, 2007

Psalm at (to) the Sea
















your curves: too numerous
for regimental organization
yet marching step-less
to every horizon

your sound (your only sound):
hushes my mind as i
lay on top of you

your motion: a lullaby
beckoning my body
to stillness

if i wake and
dare
attempt walking over
any inch
of your skin-

(especially the deep
cold parts where
your secret blues become
bruised black darkness)

-you knock me down
drown me with
lung-fulls of you
then,
swallow me whole

if empowered to
remove your lethal attributes
with a touch of my toe
i would cut off my feet

for i desire not
to change you approachable
but rather to know
everything
and approach without accessories
to make you accessible-safe

i want to touch your all-
with my nakedness

(though your deadly mysteries
and horrific wonders
overwhelm my
small humanity
unto death)

4 Comments:

  • At 1/15/2007 8:14 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    i went on a cruise last weekend with my family (it was Mimi's 80th birthday).

    John Phelps gave me a few Moleskine notebooks (pocket sized) on which to write poetites in the moment they strike me. i took one on the trip.

    i was most excited about this Sea Psalm. i also wrote one about horizons and a letter to the stars. we'll see if they make the blog.

    yo ho!

     
  • At 1/15/2007 9:48 PM, Blogger D.O. said…

    as usual, I love it.

    I don't love the typo "of" instead of "off"

    I do however, love you.

    Love.

     
  • At 1/15/2007 10:16 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    thanks for the proofread!

     
  • At 1/18/2007 1:27 PM, Blogger dave said…

    i like you and your writings too. see, i'm a poet ... also ...!

    i miss you and your zany antics. i'm glad we got to be friends for a little while. i think i'm going to call you. riiiiggghhhhtttt NOW.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home