log poetry...prose commentary

experiences..........thoughts..........pictures..........poetry..............

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Mysterious Christmas to All





















i come home and
see my father
through the window
in the dark

next to unlit
Christmas tree he
stands still holding
cup of tea

he is staring
out the window
but he does not
look at me

i just drove in
from the manger
scene i saw in
stranger’s yard

leaving home I
see My Father
through My new eyes
As they form

My new mouth can’t
drink a drop from
bitter cup My
Father holds

in His mercy
He will hold it
‘til He looks a-
way from Me

I just got in-
to the manger
I just came in-
to My world

5 Comments:

  • At 12/05/2007 1:09 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    these are the lyrics to a christmas song i wrote in 2005.

    it's to the tune of come thou fount of every blessing.

    everyone should go to xmas.asthmatickitty.com
    and enjoy sufjan's christmas songs

    enjoy a couple of mine in the utterz player on the sidebar of my blog.

    there is also a recording of my dad reading his favorite christmas story. enjoy!

     
  • At 12/05/2007 2:02 PM, Blogger D.O. said…

    I thought about writing another Christmas song this year, but I decided instead to write a few narratives that I'll post on my blog in a week or so... I may still write a song though... maybe.

     
  • At 12/08/2007 1:12 AM, Blogger bev said…

    thank you for sharing these! i enjoyed hearing you and frances and am glad you added that part back with "He's got the whole world in his hands". it's good. it wasn't on the mp3 version you emailed me. i enjoy your song so much ... it brings me a lot of, well, i don't know. i just does something good to my heart.

    and thank you for posting your daddy's favorite story. it's beautiful.

     
  • At 12/23/2007 10:23 PM, Blogger erich said…

    Hi Matt,
    I like your words, your poetry. I am thinking about you....
    Take care and check out www.livinlove.blogspot.com
    Merry Christmas
    -Laurie

     
  • At 1/26/2008 7:29 PM, Blogger Booyah said…

    I kind of miss you.

    And your words.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home